Statements & Petitions
Statements & Petitions – Blue Shield Georgia reacts locally and internationally upon the facts of damage to Georgia’s cultural heritage, including that on the occupied territories.
1. Blue Shield Georgia letter to international organisations regarding the developments on Ikorta Church and Tiri monastery situated in the occupied Tskhinvali region | 09.05.2013 See Link
2. Joint appeal towards international organisations regarding the situation of Georgia’s cultural heritage sites in the occupied territory of Abkhazia | 24.03.2014 See Link
3. Statement of Blue Shield Georgia regarding Dranda Church of the Holy Mother | 06.01.2014 See Link
4. Joint statement by ICOM Georgia, ICOMOS Georgia and Georgian National Committee of Blue Shield Regarding the building of the Shalva Amiranashvili Museum of Fine Arts and the collections preserved in it. 10.07.2021 See Link
5. Joint appeal by Georgian National Committee of Blue Shield, ICOMOS Georgia and ICOM Georgia to the following international organizations: ICOMOS, ICOM, Blue Shield International, Europa Nostra, and World Monuments Fund concerning Shalva Amiranashvili Museum of Fine Arts. 10.09.2021 See Link
6. Statement concerning the demolition of a historic bridge in Tskhinvali 12.11.2022 See Link