Training for Journalists “Role of Media in Protecting Cultural Heritage”
On October 29, 2016 Blue Shield Georgia conducted a training “Role of Media in Protecting Cultural Heritage” for capital-based and regional journalists.
The following topics were discussed during the training:
- Tangible and intangible cultural heritage;
- Processes related to protecting cultural heritage;
- International and domestic legislation on protecting cultural heritage and its best practices;
- Best examples of media campaigns related to heritage protection
- Practical exercises and group works.
Participants received SAVE Britain’s Heritage Action Guide and Council of Europe Framework Convention on the Value of Cultural Heritage for Society which where translated in Georgian by Blue Shield Georgia.
Training was lead by Blue Shield Georgia director, Manana Tevzadze.